- Mutton - 500 grams.
- Turmeric powder - pinch
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
- Onion (chopped) - 1 nos
- Onion (chopped) - 1 number
- Salt - to taste
- Red chili powder - 1 tea spoon
- Coriander powder - 1 tea spoon
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tea spoon
- Green chilies (slited) - 5 numbers
- Sorrel leaves - 5 bunch
- Coriander leaves - 1/2 bunch
- Garam masala powder - 1 tea spoon
- Shahi jeera - 1 tea spoon
- Water - as required
- Cardamom - 2 nos
- Cloves - 2 nos
- Cinnamon stick - 1 small
Gongura Mutton Curry
Real homemade cuisine
Not eating meat is a decision, eating meat is an instinct
- 30 Mins
Take mutton in a presure cooker, add cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, 1/2 cup of water, salt and mix well and cook it with closed lid till the mutton pieces are tender.
Now in a pan, add oil, whole garam masala spices along with shahi jeera, chopped onions, salt cook this till onions change colour to golden brown.Now add ginger garlic paste and saute it till raw flavor is gone.
To it, even add turmeric powder, green chillies,sorrel leaves, mix well and cook it on a very slow flame till oil oozes out .Then add cooked mutton along with the remaining water to the same pan and let it cook for 5 more minutes.
At last, add some water (if required) then add garam masala powder, coriander leaves and mix well. Serve with rice or roti.